Rules and Regulations Regarding Motor Club

It is important to note, any person, firm, corporation or association conducting business, within the State of NC, in any of these areas without a license/permit shall be guilty of a Class I felony. For more information relating to the exact laws and regulations, refer to North Carolina General Statuses Chapter 58/Article 69 (PDF) and North Carolina Administrative Codes 11 NCAC 13.0400 (PDF).

Licensee shall furnish in writing to North Carolina Department of Insurance a notification with applicable documents when there is a; name change, address change, officer change, merger, or ownership change. The notification should include updated documents to reflect the change. Forms can be electronically obtained from the North Carolina License Management System (NCLMS) under "Supplemental Forms."

License Updates


Tab/Accordion Items

In accordance with NCGS 58-2-69(b), every applicant/licensee is to submit, in writing, changes of address and/or email within ten (10) business days after the change.

Both name & address changes must be in writing and should be requested using a Name/Address Change Request form along with the submission of back-up documents listed on the form. The change form can be electronically obtained from the NCLMS under "Supplemental Forms." Login using your user id and password. Change requests should be sent electronically or surface mail to:


US Postal Service:
NC/State of DOI
PO Box 742175
Atlanta GA 30374-2175

Bank of America Lockbox Services
Lockbox 742175
6000 Feldwood Road
College Park GA 30349

A written notification to the Commissioner within 10 days after the occurrence of the event with applicable documents. Contact an Insurance Company Examiner at 919-807-6800 for additional questions.  

Updates to officers, directors and owners require the submission of Form DOI-5/Personal Questionnaire. Blank forms can be obtained by logging into the NCLMS.

Licensees should submit samples of new/updated correspondence, forms, and brochures for approval by the Commissioner before placed into usage. Submit a cover letter with license/permit number, description of proposed changes, effective date and samples of the revised documents. Requests for approval of revised documents should be sent by email to

Voluntary surrender of license must be requested in writing and signed by an authorized officer of the licensee. The request should include the name, address, license type, license number and effective date of the cancellation.