Veterans Reimbursement and Scholarship Programs
Upon completion of an eligible state examination for insurance agent/producer, adjuster or bail bondsman, veterans may apply for reimbursement through the Veteran Affairs website.
Applications for reimbursement may also be submitted by written request as indicated below.
Send Veteran’s Administration a signed and dated request with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- Your Home Phone Number (with area code)
- Your Social Security Number
- Your VA File Number (if different from your Social Security Number)
- Have you applied for VA benefits before? If no, you must access VA website at www.GIBILL.va.gov and apply for education benefits and send with this request for reimbursement.
- Name of Test
- Date Test Taken
- Cost of Test (VA will not reimburse you for registration fees, preparation guides, processing fees, etc.)
- A copy of your test results or a copy of your license or certification
- Name & Address of Organization Issuing License
- Statement: "I hereby authorize the release of my test information to the Department of Veterans Affairs"
- Your Signature and Date Signed
The address you may submit this written request is available at the link above depending upon the region of your residential address.
***** IMPORTANT *****
Veterans may receive reimbursement of up to $2,000 per test but not more than the VA approved cost of the test. You may receive benefits to retake a test you didn’t pass. You may receive benefits to retake a test you passed if the test is required for recertification or to allow you to retain a license you already have.
You must be eligible for benefits in order to receive test reimbursement. Your total months of benefits will be reduced each time you receive reimbursement for a licensing or certification test.
If you have questions about licensing and certification reimbursement, or applying for benefits, you can access the VA site at www.GIBILL.va.gov and click on "Ask a Question and Find Answers" or call directly at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551), or for the hearing-impaired call 800-829-4833.
This provides all honorably discharged U.S. Veterans residing in North Carolina the opportunity to begin a rewarding career in the insurance industry by pursuing the education and training needed to receive a North Carolina Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance License - at no cost. Funding for the scholarship program is provided by the IIANC Education Foundation.