License Requirements and Qualifications
Find information about obtaining a license in Chapter 58 Article 71.
Applicants must complete 12 hours of pre-licensing education with an approved provider. The pre-licensing providers currently approved for instruction are:
- North Carolina Bail Agents Association (NCBAA) Pre-licensing Information
- NC Bail Academy Pre-licensing Information
Submit an Application
Additional Documents Required to Submit
- Print off Fingerprint Release and Electronic Fingerprint Release form locate at: www.ncdoi.gov/documents/bail-bond/electronic-fingerprint-submission-release-form
- Pre-licensing Education – All applicants that do not hold an active bail bond license are required to complete 12 hours of Pre-licensing Education (PLE) with an approved PLE Provider. Upon PLE course completion, the approved PLE Provider will issue a certificate of PLE completion, and a copy of this certificate must be submitted with the application for a license.
- A copy of your current valid North Carolina driver’s license or valid North Carolina identification card issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- At least two (2) of the following documents:
- A pay stub showing your residential address in North Carolina
- A utility bill showing your residential address in North Carolina
- A receipt for personal property taxes or real property taxes paid by you to a North Carolina unit of local government showing your residential address in North Carolina
- A monthly or quarterly statement showing your residential address in North Carolina and issued by a financial institution for an account held by you.
- A copy of one of the following documents:
- High school diploma
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate (certified copy)
- High school transcript (certified copy) NOTE: If submitting a copy of the high school diploma.
- To upload all required documents: www.nipr.com/licensing-center/attachments (NIPR Warehouse)
- For additional forms go to: www.ncdoi.gov/licensees/bail-bondsmen-licensing/applications-and-forms-bail-bondsmen