Bail Bond Regulatory

Submit a Bail Bond Complaint or Inquiry

Submit Bail Bondsmen Complaint

Frequently Asked Questions

Tab/Accordion Items

Yes, all bail bondsman must be licensed by the Department of Insurance.

  • When bail bonds license holder fails to return collateral over $1500;
  • When the bail bonds license holder uses excessive force;
  • When the bail bonds license holder enters the residence unlawfully;
  • Any other situation not listed, please call the Bail Bond Regulatory Division  at 919-807-6850 for assistance.

Yes, if the violation is non-criminial and regulatory in nature, the Bail Bond Regulatory Division will investigate.  Any possible criminial violation of state law will be referred to the Criminal Investigations Division.