Free License Prints
Free license prints are available online for printing through State Based Systems (SBS) which is an electronic system owned by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
It is quick and easy, click the “Print Your License” button below and print your license online. Follow the identifying information steps below to print your own license:
For Individual Licenses
- License State -Select North Carolina
- Entity Type – Select individual
- Enter your last name
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number
- Enter your National Producer Number (NPN)
- Click Search
Don't know you NPN number?
For Business Licenses
- License State - Select North Carolina
- Entity Type – Select business entity
- Enter business entity name
- Enter full Federal Tax ID Number (FEIN) of the business entity
- Enter the business entity license number
- Click Search
Don't know the Business Entity license number?
About SBS Connect
SBS Connect is an online service provided by NAIC’s State Based Systems. SBS Connect allows licensees to register to receive free electronic notifications critical to licensees for the following license events:
- Original license approval
- Line of authority additions
- Address change
- Line of authority deletions
- License renewal
- License status change
- Name change
- Doing business as (DBA) name deletions
- Doing business as (DBA) name additions
A licensee can opt to receive electronic notifications for all license event notifications or only specific notifications. You must first create your own personal SBS Connect account and link it to your license by entering your National Producer Number (NPN). The NPN is your NC license number. Follow these instructions in the PDF below to set up your free SBS Connect account and sign up for free electronic notifications.
If you are already signed up with SBS Connect, you can login in with your SBS Connect User Name/Password and you will be able to make changes to your SBS Connect registration information.