Obtain an Insurance License
All North Carolina applicants for an insurance license may obtain an Insurance Licensing Examination Candidate Guide (free of charge) by accessing the link below or www.pearsonvue.com or by calling Pearson VUE at 866-265-6329. The Candidate Guide contains pertinent information relating to prelicensing and examination requirements and may answer many of your questions.
Questions about what license is needed? A North Carolina licensing chart or “crosswalk chart” is available below.
- Resident License Process – Pearson VUE Website
- North Carolina Resident License Application Fees – Effective 1/2/2017
- Licensing Checklist for New Resident License Process
- New Resident License Process Flow Chart
- Resident Prelicensing Requirements and Exemptions Chart
- CE Requirements
Insurance Exam Information
- See Prelicensing tab
- Classroom Prelicensing Provider Listing
- Correspondence/Internet Prelicensing provider Listing
Catastrophe Badge Information
Check status of insurance license application
Please allow 60 days for submitted license applications. You will receive an email advising you that your license has issued and providing instructions for a one time free print of your license.
If you have questions, you can contact Agent Services Division at 919-807-6800.