Reinsurance intermediaries must meet and maintain compliance with the guidelines for licensure under Chapter 58, Article 9 of the North Carolina General Statutes (Reinsurance Intermediaries).
Filing an Application
To request to be licensed as a reinsurance intermediary or to be exempted from licensing in North Carolina, an applicant must:
- Submit either the Application for License as a Reinsurance Intermediary or the Application for Exemption as a Reinsurance Intermediary.
- Submit a Biographical Affidavit for each person who will act as an intermediary under the license being requested.
- Submit a Consent to Service of Process form for each nonresident intermediary.
Additional guidance regarding the application is available at:
- General Instructions – Application for License as a Reinsurance Intermediary
- General Instructions - Application for Exemption as a Reinsurance Intermediary
The following flowcharts have been designed to assist in the application process:
Every reinsurance intermediary that is licensed or exempt from licensing in North Carolina must submit a renewal application, or exemption update form, each year.
- Reinsurance Intermediary Annual Filing Instructions
- Reinsurance Intermediary Renewal Application
- Reinsurance Intermediary Exemption Update form