Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners Insurance is to protect from things that can damage your home and personal belongings. Not only is your home protected during an inclement weather event. Injuries that occur on your property  and lawsuits against you are covered as well. Whether you own or rent, there are different packages of home insurance offered to protect your home and belongings. Each package protects against a specified number of perils such as fire, windstorm and theft.  

In addition to coverage for named perils, each package policy usually contains coverage for property damage, additional living expenses, personal liability and medical payments. Homeowners policies apply to most owner-occupied single family dwellings and is modified slightly for apartments and condominiums.

If you have questions, the Consumer Services Division of the Department of Insurance is here to help.

Toll-free: 855-408-1212

North Carolina Department of Insurance
325 N. Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27603

Request Assistance or File a Complaint